Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Holla at ma hippies



While I sincerely admire Loomstate Organic’s cause and “respect for our environment's ability to balance, shape and color itself, from windswept dunes to sun bleached stones, combined with an appreciation for nature's mathematically pure ‘Golden Ratios’, evident throughout our environment from nautilus shells to flower petals,” I still think they are probably the most flower child thing I’ve seen in a while.

Now don’t get me wrong, no one can ever get enough organic. Loomstate is, and I’m proud to say, a New York based company, and works under the model of excellence for responsible production methods. They seem to have everything down from controlling factory pollution to organic farming and cultivation.



But their photo shoot on the website makes their clothes appear just as plain and earthy as the ground they came from. Sufficiently stylish, the simplicity of the line makes me want to lie in a field of wheat while dusting the granola off my maybe-too-conservative shirt and putting band-aids on the blisters my new Birks just gave me.

Ok, so maybe it's not that simple.

In all honesty, I would probably wear every women’s clothing article on the website. Just maybe not all together? It’s cute stuff, really, and I’m happy they are doing this.

“Loomstate Men's and Women's collections are inspired by the roots of classic American casual style born of the positivity and activism of youth subcultures over the past 40 years.”

Positivity and activism of youth subcultures is what I’m about.
Hippie, but totally groovy.



Ashton

0 comments: